Featured Sponsor: Simmons Hanly Conroy
About Simmons Hanly Conroy
Fast facts about Simmons Hanly Conroy:
- It’s led by Chairman John Simmons and named shareholder Jayne Conroy, with more than 80 attorneys supported by 220 professional and legal staff members in six offices across the United States.
- Since its founding in 1999, the firm has recovered more than $8 billion in verdicts and settlements for its asbestos clients.
- In 2003, the firm secured a $250 million verdict for a retired steelworker in Indiana – the largest asbestos verdict against a single defendant in history.
With centuries of cumulative experience and resources, Simmons Hanly Conroy strives to provide first-class, sophisticated counsel to clients. Above all, the firm has proudly served as a voice for those impacted by corporate wrongdoing for over 20 years.
“The firm makes you feel like you’re somebody, and like you do matter. Sometimes you get the wrong interpretation of lawyers and attorneys – they’re good people. They’re humans too, they’re just trying to help. They become good friends, even family.”
– Bob, Simmons Hanly Conroy client
A Proven Track Record
The firm has secured over $8 billion for their asbestos clients across the country. Past asbestos settlements and verdicts secured for Simmons Hanly Conroy clients include:
- $12 million to an Illinois laborer
- $8 million to a Texas pipefitter
- $7 million to a California wire installer
- $6.8 million to a Florida mechanic
A Passion for Fighting Back Against Mesothelioma
After he lost both sets of grandparents at a young age, John Simmons formed a close bond with his wife’s grandmother, Ivy. The first thing that Ivy ever said to John was that he could call her “Grandma.”
Ivy passed away from mesothelioma decades after being exposed to asbestos. John was devastated, shocked, and hurt – like many of the families that Simmons Hanly Conroy works with.
Everyone that works at Simmons Hanly Conroy is dedicated to and passionate about helping victims and their families get justice for this deadly and preventable cancer.